Thursday, July 3, 2014

Whatever Suits You


It's been kind of a hot summer so far. Between the 90 degree heat and the thunder storms, mornings are kind of the only time that I can go out and walk around for photos to be taken. Anything later than one and it ends up storming; thundering and pouring. Yesterday, when I took these photos, I also went to a few thrift stores to find some clothes for future lookbooks. Also, thrift stores where I could find outfits for London, Rome and Paris.

My best friend and I have decided to go on a student trip that is like 3,700 dollars each. It will take us from London, to Paris and then to Rome. We were originally planning on going to the slightly cheaper one; which was only London, Paris and Amsterdam. But with this trip we get to go to more places that interest us, and also I mean... Rome's pretty cool.

Getting the money is going to be difficult for us. She's looking for a job and I'm a waitress. We're going to have to do all of this between college, car payments, phone payments; and the like. Sometimes I wish I was less of an adult, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. 
But we're going, and we're going to be working hard in many different ways in order to try and get the money so that we can go. It's worth it, in my opinion. To go to a different part of the world and see a different world than what we're used to. Small towns in New York do not have the same kind of culture as places in Rome and Paris. So in all we need 7,400 dollars. Not including the money that we're going to need in order to pay for food and things like that. But we're going, because we're young and we're looking for a life that we might not have in the future. We're going together, because, let's be honest... Being in a foreign country alone sounds awful.

A off-white and dark blue dress from Saratoga Sundress.
Brown wedges are from Payless.
Red over sized sunglasses are from a vintage thrift shop that unfortunately doesn't have a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment